Wednesday 26 November 2014

Post 17 - Week 4.11 Hunches and personal concerns

It was suggested we write out a list of our personal "concerns'

"This exercise aims to help you build up a self-portrait of who you are as a writer, and to help you to become clearer about the kinds of things that matter to you, that are likely to be your overall subject matter or material when you write. Remember, your list will (and should) be highly personal."

  • The safety and happiness of my nearest and dearest.
  • Concern for the environment
  • Worry about falling standards in health care and education
  • Community
  • Care and compassion for others
  •  Love of books and reading
  • Security - financial and home
  • I like to see new places and new people but I'm no longer so keen on travelling
  • Growing interest in social history and the development of community despite ruling elites
I was surprised and delighted to note that these are the things I like to write about most. who would have thought. I have found this a very enlightening exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment